Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dear Diabetes...this isn't a friendly reminder!

Dear Diabetes,

I just want to remind you how much you suck! You are taking a lot of my time and energy. You hurt me over and over again. I even have to endure pain just to make you calm down! What exactly do you have against me? So my pancreas doesn't work, that is not my problem so go pick on someone else.

You are constantly haunting my every thoughts. Even in my dreams you rear your ugly head. You are just like the boogy man, except I can get him to go away. You make me constantly worry about what you are doing to my body. You make me worry if I am high or low. You make me worry about exercising or being alone. You make worry if I will ever be able to have kids.  It is a constant mind game with you, and I am tired of it.

Not only do you make me worry but you make my family worry too. They don't understand you like I do. They don't know the stress you cause in my life. They don't know the anxiety you welcome me with every morning. They don't know how you wake me up several times at night and make me go to the bathroom. You are a sneaky little booger!

I am certainly not happy with our current relationship. You strap me down on that roller coaster and take me for a ride. All of the ups and downs are a constant reminder that you are still here. You are ruining my grades in school and humiliating me in front of my class mates. You are a big ugly bully.

Please try and remember that you picked me. I want nothing to do with you! I want to wake up in the morning and be totally normal. I don't want to check my sugar 10 times a day. I don't want to inject myself with insulin just to stay alive. I don't want to pass up that birthday cake on my own birthday. What I do want is for you to pack up your disease and leave me alone.

I thought I was supposed to be the expensive one, but then I met you. You are a financial burden who likes to pick my pocketbook. Every month you present me with my bill, you even act like you want a tip! What's up with that?

You have employed my family and friends to become diabetic police. How much are you secretly paying them? It is like you are a little whisper in their ear reminding them to ask me if I should eat that or not. Do you know how annoying that can be?

I would love to take a vacation, but I hate that I have to bring you along. The fact that you get to fly free just makes me cringe. Paris sounds lovely but chocolate eclairs and pastries don't mix to well with you by my side. Plus, you don't deserve to see the Louve'. I know you will cause trouble like you usually do and ruin my trip, so it may be best just to stay here where you belong.

With all this said, I know I have to come to terms with you being a part of me. No, it will not happen over night but I think slowly I will be able to accept you. I imagine we will still be enemies though, in fact I know we will.

I truly hate you,
Kimberlee

No comments:

Post a Comment